GenJosh Youth Camp 2008.

This is the first time, I did not attend the full Youth Camp. Well, I had to stay at home to take care of Claudia and Eleanor, making sure that things are fine with them. Claudia was given strict instructions to have complete bed rest. So as her husband, I had to make sure that she is okie.

The only role I played in the youth camp this year was to share God's Word in the area of "Spiritual Dryness". I was initially alloted with "Personal Image", but I swapped with Jaslyn becoz I felt very strongly about God speaking to me on "Spiritual Dryness".

Although I did tell God that "Spiritual Dryness" is a very very jialat topic to talk about in a Youth Camp and somemore in the late hours of 8:30pm (coz the youth will fall asleep lah~!), but God assured me that He has His purpose. So over the years and countless occasions, I have learnt one thing, if God says "Go!", I just do it. And I prepared the sharing as instructed.

I am glad that in the midst of preparing for the sharing, God has given me many insights about the significance of "Spiritual Dryness", which many have a misconception about it (including myself). Well, God have cleared the fog for me on that one.

I shared the Word as the Spirit of God led. I was particularly encouraged during ministry time when the Youths (all the youths presents at the camp) came forward to be prayed for. And I thank God for, me listening to Him and doing what He told me to. God prompted me to say a few things with regards to the state of GenJosh and each and everyone of them present, the ego, the self-centreness etc. But I am glad that the Youth all responded to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and we came before our Heavenly Father with our broken spirits and contrite hearts.

And yes, I prayed for a few of the youths and God spoke to them. I am glad that I prayed for them.

Yes. although this might not be a mountain top experience kind of camp which everyone would look for. But it is certainly a God-given camp which victory is scored through Him and with Him!

Yes, this God-given dry ground is where the battle is won.


A thankful heart,
Tjowster Out~!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 @ 2:30 AM
Layout by: hotwaters-
Do not remove the credits, else I shall twist your head 72000°(200times)