This afternoon, I had a very eventful incident. After driving my almost 6 years, this is the first time, I met with a car accident of this magnitude...
Didn't wanna have lunch this afternoon, and wanted to go home to check out the kids...so I made my way back...I left my office (in Potong Pasir), the sky was bright and sunny....but funny was as I approach PIE, near to Adam Road Exit, the sky started to darkened...and rain came...it got heavier and heavier until my RainX on my windscreen didn't help to repel the rain, thus I had to turn on my wiper and my headlights to have a better visibility...
As I was travelling in Lane 1 at about 80km/h, before Clementi Road Exit, I heard a voice saying to me "Matthew, slow down...", and I did...I slowed down to about 70km/h..still travelling in Lane 1...a few seconds later, as my car reached behind Ngee Ann Polytechnic, my steering wheel suddenly started to wobble violently, and I tried to counter the wobble, my car was losing control and I started to skidd diagonally from Lane 1 to Lane 3, I had already began to tap my brakes intermittenly. I knew that at that juncture if I do not slow down even more, the impact is going to be big and I am a goner...
Praise God that He had kept me calm...and I could do a little defensive driving, by pulling my steering to the right (coupled with my hand brakes) and my car swerved 180 degrees with my front left bumper getting the first impact upon the centre divider and then left rear getting the final impact on the centre divider which effective stop the car (and the centre divider didn't even have a dent on it! So much for my car being a "Made In Japan" loh~!)
Praise God that at the point of the accident, there wasn't any cars around me...and when my car stopped (against the flow of traffic) I saw all the cars were stationary and there was an SCDF ambulance there signalling to me if I am okie, I signalled back to them that I am okie, they turned on their blinkers and allowed me to reversed my car to the proper orientation. I could still calmly drive my wrecked car home, parked it downstairs my block's loading/unloading bay and called my insurance and tow truck to do the necessary.
Well, I have taken some pictures of my poor car... *sob*



Now come to reflect upon it, I really praise God for His hands of protection covering me and guiding me to steer my car, because based on my past experience attending to traffic accident cases, the situation that I was in, it's hardly possible for me to come out of it unscathed. But because God was there with me. I survived.
After this accident, it kind of confirms one thing to me. I am on the right track. I will continue to walk this track that God has prepared for me.
p.s. tomorrow marks the first day of me taking MRT after many many moons...lolz~!God is with Me,
Satan, get behind Me!
Tjowster Out~!