“If God is going to do His deepest work in you, it will begin with surrender. So give it all to God: your past regrets, your present problems, your future ambitions, your fears, dreams, weaknesses, habits, hurts, and hang-ups.
Put Jesus Christ in the driver’s seat of your life and take your hands off the steering wheel. Don’t be afraid; nothing under His control can ever be out of control. Mastered by Christ, you can handle anything.”
This was a short snippet that was in my Devotion Calendar today, my birthday.
For the past couple of months, it has been pretty rough for me. Rough in the sense because there was a major shake up in my whole being (physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually) – I was out for a good two weeks. God had showed me the other side of me, the subtle yet self-destructing side of me (of I am totally unaware of), which over the past 3 years, had costed me a lot. I thank God for Claudia for being so supportive and ever prayerful, standing by my side and helping me to “pick up my mat and walk”.
These 2 weeks had been restful for my whole being and during this time I was able to seek His face with a “broken spirit” & “contrite heart”. I am glad that our God is a merciful and gracious one, a God of 2nd chances.
Today marks my birth, not just my physical birth, but I pray that it also marks the birth of a me, “renewed & refreshed” by God. Total reliance and dependence in Him is not and will never be easy. But I will prayerfully make it happen, because it’s only through prayers, God works. And I hope as I consciously make efforts to keep close to Him, He will too, will keep me close to Him and unfolds His divine plans for me in His ministry which He had put me in.
Be Thou My Vision,
Tjowster Out~!