It's been a long time....

Firstly, I must apologise to all for not updating for the past one and half months (maybe two?)...

And now to the happenings...

Delci had gone back to her hometown, Kupang, Indonesia for one month on home leave to visit her family. She hasn't been back home since the day she left, say about 2-3 years? So since 18 May - 16 June, both Claudia and myself were at home taking care of the two kids. It hasn't been easy, but it was definitely a good time for both of us to really enjoy both the joy and the pain of parenting the two kids. Yes, I am sure many would have asked, "How about your full time job?" Well, both of us left our jobs and praise God for His impeccable timing! Claudia left NUH after working there for almost 9 going 10 yrs (since graduation from NYP Nursing!!) and will be starting work in AH on a 9-5, 5 days week work schedule, which is good since it has been awhile that we were talking about it and Claudia had always wanted to dedicate more time for the kids and for ministry. And I left FoTFS about the same time, initially more for myself to sort things out, but turn out that God's plan supersedes our plans. And that this period of time was a very good time to really build up the bonds within the family and especially with Him.

Had been working on the Book of Ecclesiastes since May (almost finishing it..), with the help of this book that I got during one of COR's service "Wisdom to Live By" by Roland Chia, which really helped me quite a bit...

I particularly like this part when the author said "Food and drink, work and rest, wisdom and knowledge - these things will bring satisfaction only when we recognise them to be from the "hand of God". Once we recognise them as God's gifts, and as divine grace, we will stop our relentlss striving and learn to be content." It was really enlightening for me. It's only when we realised that everything that we have is from God, which then we can fully be contented. Contentment is really much a spiritual condition rather than a mental or physical one.

At a recent birthday dinner of my 2nd paternal auntie (invited by my closer paternal cousins), it was i believe her 70th Birthday Celebration, most of the siblings of my father (alive ones that is) were present..and most of them (if not all of them) had done many injustices and wrongs to my family, particularly to my mother...after the dinner as I was driving home...God spoke to me through Ecclesiastes..."However things might be injust in my eyes...the sufferings that seemed to be ignored, God has His appointed time when He will judge. In the end, His justice will prevail. Death is the equaliser of all things. But it's the Salvation of Christ that makes us different. And since I had declared myself to be His, then I must live my life the way He wants me to be..."

When I got home, I pondered upon the words that God has given to me and I prayed...it hasn't been easy for me to do that since I have always considered that justice and fairness need and must be mete out, but God has made me realise one thing, "He is the Judge and justice is for Him to mete out, not me. My job is to be Christ-like." I praise God for bestowing this Rhema upon me.

Church Camp this year had been really different firstly because I was the Chairman, secondly, because, it was Ezekiel's first church camp! It was a good time indeed for the entire family, the preaching sessions by Pastor David Leong was fantastic!

Had a few games of badminton this month and resumed my running, I pray that I can maintain the discipline even though the chances of my joining StanChart is very slim (coz clash with Youth Camp), but all these exercises are for my own health sake lah! So it's okie =)

Got back my results for my 1st year 1st semster. Although I felt I could have done better, but I praise God for seeing me through, especially passing Maths!!! Hahhaah!!! I pass Maths leh~! Although I got only a C, but to me passing it and getting a C is like Distinction lah!! So I praise God for this! =)

Now I shall look forward to July and see how God unfolds His divine plans for me and the family... =)


All praises to Him alone!


Feeling Good~!
Tjowster Out~!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008 @ 2:40 AM
Layout by: hotwaters-
Do not remove the credits, else I shall twist your head 72000°(200times)