Yup, as I make this post, I would have already prepared 1/3 of the "Kai Nian Fan" (and I would need to go catch some ZzzzZzzzz after this post) which traditionally, my mother would prepare for the first meal on the first day of the Chinese New Year.
We had steamboat earlier for the Reunion Dinner. As much as I was eating, I wasn't feeling too good, not just the fact that my stomach ain't really setting down much and giving me a wee bit of discomfort, but also the fact that this CNY is different, very different from the rest. I am THE head of the household and I need to organise the Reunion Dinner in the proper manner according to what I have learned from my mother. Didn't really like the feeling, was feeling sad (Though I was happy that my brother came to church with us for service).
Yes, I am an Adult now. I must fulfil my responsibility as a brother, a husband and a father dutifully. I don't mind this responsibilities. But just that I miss the presence of my parents sitting on the same table as I am having our meals, chatting and laughing. I missed the feeling of my mum giving me my first ang bao for the new year. I missed the feeling of my mum accompanying me to buy my new year clothes, telling me what is nice on me and what is not. I miss my mum's cooking, the love and affection that are in every dish that were whipped out by my mum's hands. Ironcially, I too missed my dad's special sambal chili sauce for today's steamboat even though I am not a big fan of spicy stuff.
I must get use to this fact that they ain't here anymore. I must move on. I must.
A Different CNY. Tjowster Out~!
|
|
Yup, as I make this post, I would have already prepared 1/3 of the "Kai Nian Fan" (and I would need to go catch some ZzzzZzzzz after this post) which traditionally, my mother would prepare for the first meal on the first day of the Chinese New Year.
We had steamboat earlier for the Reunion Dinner. As much as I was eating, I wasn't feeling too good, not just the fact that my stomach ain't really setting down much and giving me a wee bit of discomfort, but also the fact that this CNY is different, very different from the rest. I am THE head of the household and I need to organise the Reunion Dinner in the proper manner according to what I have learned from my mother. Didn't really like the feeling, was feeling sad (Though I was happy that my brother came to church with us for service).
Yes, I am an Adult now. I must fulfil my responsibility as a brother, a husband and a father dutifully. I don't mind this responsibilities. But just that I miss the presence of my parents sitting on the same table as I am having our meals, chatting and laughing. I missed the feeling of my mum giving me my first ang bao for the new year. I missed the feeling of my mum accompanying me to buy my new year clothes, telling me what is nice on me and what is not. I miss my mum's cooking, the love and affection that are in every dish that were whipped out by my mum's hands. Ironcially, I too missed my dad's special sambal chili sauce for today's steamboat even though I am not a big fan of spicy stuff.
I must get use to this fact that they ain't here anymore. I must move on. I must.
A Different CNY. Tjowster Out~!
|
|
|
Name : Matthew Tjow
Age : 31 (as of 1st Jan 2009)
B-day : 1st April 1978
|
|
|