Today, I went as scheduled to NUH for a second opinion on my left wrist (which was part of the injury which I had sustained on 28th Dec 2005). Being quite familiar with the hospital procedures of registration etc etc, I waited for my turn to see the physician who would be taking my case.
A while later, I saw my doctor, who happened to be my brother's doctor many moons ago, with regards to his broken finger etc. This doctor, Prof Aymeric is good! All he needed to do was to look through the MRI Scan which was done by AH (and perused by my doctor there) and feel my wrist and asked me a few questions, Prof Aymeric could actually confirmed the condition of my wrist which doctors at AH took 2-3 months to only tell me "It could likely be a tear...".
Prof Aymeric: "It is a tear of the ligament at the left wrist." Me: "Pardon me?" Prof Aymeric: "It is a tear of the ligament at the left wrist." (with a smile) Me: "What?! Is it okie?" Prof Aymeric: "You seemed surprised?!, well, you might need a surgery." Me: "Yes, I am surprised, coz my physician at AH took 2-3 months to tell me that it could likely be a tear of the ligament and it only took you 20mins to confirmed it!I am surprised and happy that you have gave me a confirmation to it...so what should I do?" Prof Aymeric: "We could do scope test on it and then subsequently a surgery" Me: "No scope, no surgery for...I want to embark on a natural healing process..." Prof Aymeric: "But some things can heal naturally, especially this ligament of yours, it's a bit more tricky than other parts of it..." Me: "It's okie, I believe in the natural way, could you schedule me for rehab?" Prof Aymeric: "Sure, I will follow-up your case and see you in 3 months..don't worry, I will make sure your hand will recover." (with a broader smile) Me: "Okie! And Thank you!"
With that, I gone to Rehab Centre at NUH and fix my appointment and to my amazement, NUH's Rehab is very professional and up to date, compared to AH, which are done by Nurses!
Anyway, after NUH, gone down to my workplace and found the place very different...no longer the warmth of a family which I am use to...now the place is like a big pressure cooker...everyone seemed to be frowning and uptight...sigh...
Done my admin stuff and headed home...very tired...having a splitting headache...I need to zzz...and face a new tomorrow...a "turning-point" of my life tomorrow...
Still Homebound, Tjowster Out~!
|
|
Today, I went as scheduled to NUH for a second opinion on my left wrist (which was part of the injury which I had sustained on 28th Dec 2005). Being quite familiar with the hospital procedures of registration etc etc, I waited for my turn to see the physician who would be taking my case.
A while later, I saw my doctor, who happened to be my brother's doctor many moons ago, with regards to his broken finger etc. This doctor, Prof Aymeric is good! All he needed to do was to look through the MRI Scan which was done by AH (and perused by my doctor there) and feel my wrist and asked me a few questions, Prof Aymeric could actually confirmed the condition of my wrist which doctors at AH took 2-3 months to only tell me "It could likely be a tear...".
Prof Aymeric: "It is a tear of the ligament at the left wrist." Me: "Pardon me?" Prof Aymeric: "It is a tear of the ligament at the left wrist." (with a smile) Me: "What?! Is it okie?" Prof Aymeric: "You seemed surprised?!, well, you might need a surgery." Me: "Yes, I am surprised, coz my physician at AH took 2-3 months to tell me that it could likely be a tear of the ligament and it only took you 20mins to confirmed it!I am surprised and happy that you have gave me a confirmation to it...so what should I do?" Prof Aymeric: "We could do scope test on it and then subsequently a surgery" Me: "No scope, no surgery for...I want to embark on a natural healing process..." Prof Aymeric: "But some things can heal naturally, especially this ligament of yours, it's a bit more tricky than other parts of it..." Me: "It's okie, I believe in the natural way, could you schedule me for rehab?" Prof Aymeric: "Sure, I will follow-up your case and see you in 3 months..don't worry, I will make sure your hand will recover." (with a broader smile) Me: "Okie! And Thank you!"
With that, I gone to Rehab Centre at NUH and fix my appointment and to my amazement, NUH's Rehab is very professional and up to date, compared to AH, which are done by Nurses!
Anyway, after NUH, gone down to my workplace and found the place very different...no longer the warmth of a family which I am use to...now the place is like a big pressure cooker...everyone seemed to be frowning and uptight...sigh...
Done my admin stuff and headed home...very tired...having a splitting headache...I need to zzz...and face a new tomorrow...a "turning-point" of my life tomorrow...
Still Homebound, Tjowster Out~!
|
|
|
Name : Matthew Tjow
Age : 31 (as of 1st Jan 2009)
B-day : 1st April 1978
|
|
|