
After the Camp, a group photos of participants
After an ardous journey of planning the camp, the executing of it and teaching of the youths...sadly the camp have finally come to an end...
From day one of the planning stage till date, the Lord have been speaking to me to change myself... Yes... not to change the world yet, but myself. The Lord needed me to change myself thoroughoutly before I am worthy enough to be His instrument to do His works.
I felt the finishing touch was when on the 12th Dec's ministry time...I was asking God for direction and "refilling"....The only thing I thought I heard was "Focus...and its ur due time to give what I have given you...I will refill you as you fill others...especially your youths...., abide in me and I will abide in you..." It had never been so clear before like now... "Abide in Me and I will Abide in You".
Hence, I am even more focus on the progress of the youth that are under my care during this camp...
I am so glad that the camp have turned out better than I expected. To see that many of our youths have matured so much really made me glad, especially to see Andrew really doing his best as Camp Commandant, despite that this was his first outing, he did an outstanding job! I have nothing but praises for him...The Lord is indeed working on him. To see Nat and Ash also working independently and very responsibly, I am assured that our youths are ready to do great things for the Lord!
On the 11th Dec, the prep camp day, as we were in the ferry on our way to the Lord showed me a passage in 2 Timothy 2:14-26 and i read it...it was very meaningful to me..it about how we can be an approved worker by God. Later Enoch told me that the Lord spoke to him and ask me to share the passage that the Lord had showed me! I was really shocked! But I shared as the Lord commanded, and I hope that what I have shared from God will be of some value to the people who had listened to it...
Managing a youth camp committee isn't easy...having to answer to the Church Committee on the decisions which I have made and negotiating with them and lobbying for their support for decisions which I have made...sigh...tiring...but the Lord prevails!
But I am glad the Lord have showed me the way to be His good steward, and I will endeavour to be His good steward...God, I pray for your divine guidance and wisdom be upon me....mould me...
Alot of thanks to the following people: -
Uncle George - Pastor, for prayers and also Sentry Co-ordinator..thank you thank you! =)
Enoch - camp adviser, for giving me good insights on spiritual matters..
Pastor Apelles Poh - Preacher, great teaching sessions, was very blessed by him! =)
Uncle Weng Seng - devotional materials, thank you for your superbly cheem materials, you have increased my learning curve!
Andrew Loy - camp commandant, you were great! Glad to see that the Lord is doing great works in you and through you, trust and focus in the Lord, don't ever be conscious on how good your work would be, just focus on how good can your work please the Lord enough liao! =)
Jaslyn - my financial secretary and camp female warden, for giving admin support and also managing the females, making andrew's job easier to managed and me able to share with him more...
Alvin - camp male warden, the "platoon sergeant" who made all our life much easier, there's isn't anyone more co-operative and nice like him! =)
Carlise - Worship Director, thank you for coming even with ur cast, thank you for the great time of worship! Praise the Lord for your presence in the camp! =)
Nat and Ash - Logs and Sound I/C, 2 of the 3 OCC "Amigos", you guys were doing a great job!
Joshua Gouw and Games Marshals - You guys owns! As usual, without your camps, the campers will be to energetic liao! Hahaha! You guys rocks~!
Samuel - Asst Logs, good to see you grow...continue to chase after God's Heartbeat and be prepared to be humble by Him! =)
Agnes Lim - her position is vague...she is multi-person, she is good! Without her numerous of invaluable insights on issues and her forte as a prayer warrior, I would have "died" many times! Thank you!
Agnes Tan - Chief Cook, so blessed to have you around in this game, planning and preparing the good food...the sweet and sour pork was fantastic...this dish really brings me back alot of memories...thank you..
Pauline Wee - Cooks, Yo! Yo!! Still so happening like before! Thank you for all your help in this camp! Really appreciate it!
Uncle Andrew - You are the MOST HAPPENING ADULT in TOWN!!!! Thank you for your support!!!
Adults - Thank you for the help, concerns and everything! You guys are the most supportive lot I have ever encounter in my life so far! Thank you thank you!
And lastly but never the least, God, who reign and is control of all situations! All praise and Glory unto Him!
To look on the bright side, the camp isn't the end...it's only the beginning...
The Committee and the Parents going to St.John's Island on 11th Dec 2005