Today was my debut presentation of the "No Apologies" Workshop to a group of Student Leaders in my Poly. The experience was fantastic. I could never imagine the possibility of interacting well with the students.
Indeed, what Gary and Joanna said is correct, that our life story is the best way to impact people's lives! I could see and sense it when I shared my life story or rather love story to them, they were listening to it intently. When I shared with them a little excerpt from my wedding procession, they were listening to it without blinking their eyes. A pity that I couldn't testify to them (because I am addressing to the general public and religious sensitivity) that my life was changed not just because I had supportive people around me to be with me throughout my bad times, but most importantly it was my God Almighty that had been patiently (and still patiently) moulding and making me, guiding me to the right path...
But of course it was difficult to share with so many people my pain, the pain of losing both parents in 2 years, the ways that I had handled my relationship in the past (foolishly), the regrets that I had. It wasn't easy to share...but the Lord had given courage to share and I hope that it would make a difference in their lives today.
Was a long day today. My throat was really sore and tired, I can't wait to get home to see Claudia and my little girl. Felt real good to see them and especially when I held my little girl in my arms, the feeling is FANTASTIC~! =)
Okie...time to rest....really burned out liao...
Tired but glad, Tjowster Out~!
|
|
Today was my debut presentation of the "No Apologies" Workshop to a group of Student Leaders in my Poly. The experience was fantastic. I could never imagine the possibility of interacting well with the students.
Indeed, what Gary and Joanna said is correct, that our life story is the best way to impact people's lives! I could see and sense it when I shared my life story or rather love story to them, they were listening to it intently. When I shared with them a little excerpt from my wedding procession, they were listening to it without blinking their eyes. A pity that I couldn't testify to them (because I am addressing to the general public and religious sensitivity) that my life was changed not just because I had supportive people around me to be with me throughout my bad times, but most importantly it was my God Almighty that had been patiently (and still patiently) moulding and making me, guiding me to the right path...
But of course it was difficult to share with so many people my pain, the pain of losing both parents in 2 years, the ways that I had handled my relationship in the past (foolishly), the regrets that I had. It wasn't easy to share...but the Lord had given courage to share and I hope that it would make a difference in their lives today.
Was a long day today. My throat was really sore and tired, I can't wait to get home to see Claudia and my little girl. Felt real good to see them and especially when I held my little girl in my arms, the feeling is FANTASTIC~! =)
Okie...time to rest....really burned out liao...
Tired but glad, Tjowster Out~!
|
|
|
Name : Matthew Tjow
Age : 31 (as of 1st Jan 2009)
B-day : 1st April 1978
|
|
|